Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Finer Things Club... and some less fine things

last night, i went to my first meeting of The Finer Things Club. ok, so it's not work-related, but it's definitely Office-related! we had all read The Elegance of the Hedgehog, which i do recommend, even if it's French.

on a more work-related note (yet still, how very Office-related!), one of my co-workers discovered an alarming scene at the vending machine. now, on The Office, Jim is friends with the vending machine guy, Steve, and so he's able to prank Dwight by having his personal office supplies stocked in the vending machine. our vending machine guy is pretty nice, makes small talk without too much awkwardness. the alarming scene was this: his hand down the back of his pants. i can't verify this information because i was not there. could it have just been a quick fix of an untucked shirt? we can't be sure. personally, i would rather give another human being the benefit of the doubt. needless to say, i will be a little more wary of my vending machine purchases from now on.

question of the day: how many wpm (words per minute) can you type?

MLIA of the day: Today, I was sitting in my room and heard a little boy outside sneeze. I said bless you, and five seconds later, I heard a very hesitant...."God??." MLIA

5 comments:

  1. 68 wpm. :)

    http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. 117 wmp- L Merkley (I know, I'm amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so it was only 103 the second time around. with 3 mistakes. -LEM

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2nd try: 78 wpm! getting better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just not that good! Oh well But I'm very accurate and that has to count for something!

    ReplyDelete