Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the injury

this morning, i came in to work and heated up water (in the hot pot that sits on the credenza in my office) for tea. i went out to say good morning to everyone, and when i came back in to my office, the water was boiling. i don't even know what i was doing or how i did it, but i reached my left hand behind the hot pot (i think i was setting something down behind it) and burned my wrist from the steam coming out of the hot pot!  how in the world these things happen to me... i guess i'm really just that clumsy.

quick story: before this nice, cushy office job, i worked in a factory manufactured coaxial cables. one morning, i went to reach behind a solder pot to get some papers, and i let my right hand fall onto the opening of the solder pot. and burned my palm on some liquid solder. you know, for fun. my only real injury, my only real ER trip, and it was really stupid.

anyway, i held my wrist under cold running water and then put some ice on it.
please don't tell HR.


The Office quote of the day:

Michael Scott: Pam you want to rub butter on my foot?
Pam Beesly: No.
Michael Scott: Pam, please. I have Country Crock.

No comments:

Post a Comment