Thursday, May 13, 2010

my caffeine addiction

hi, i'm abby, and i'm addicted to caffeine.

because really, i am. how did i learn about this addiction? it's all simple observation.

about four sunday nights ago, i was minding my own business, doing what i do on pretty much every sunday night: i was playing a board game with my neighbors. we've kind of taken sunday evenings for our neighbor-nights. we play games, watch movies, and generally de-stress before a week of work or school. it's a really good system.

anyway, i was minding my own business, and suddenly, around 4 p.m., i had a MASSIVE headache! it just came out of nowhere, and it invaded my brain, and it hurt real bad. i tried taking ibuprofen, i tried massaging my temples. nothing. then, i realized that i hadn't had coffee all weekend! because coffee is free at work and it's comforting to use as a wake-up in the morning. i sleep in on the weekends, and i am usually too lazy to make myself coffee (my husband doesn't drink it).

to remedy the headache, i had one small cup of coffee. about half a mug. and then the headache melted away.

this headache came at around the same time every sunday for a month.

then, i had the brilliant idea of preventing the headache by drinking a cup of coffee this past sunday morning. voila! no headache. :)

except now, i know that i am addicted to caffeine in the form of coffee. i think i'm switching to decaf. i'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment