Tuesday, June 22, 2010

siesta

i get tired at 2:00 every single day at work.

here is my work day routine:

8:00 clock in for work
11:30 i feel hungry so i eat a snack, usually involving sunflower seeds and Yogi Breathe Deep tea.
12:30 clock out for lunch, eat, browse the internet, sometimes knit
1:30 clock in from lunch
2:00 crash
2:30 try not to fall asleep
3:00 ask people to repeat themselves when they talk to me
5:00 clock out and thank God that the day is over so i can go home

here is my new lunch routine:

12:30 clock out for lunch, eat food (outside when the weather is nice)
12:50 clean up
1:00 naptime in my office (not even kidding)
1:20 alarm goes off, get up, do a little sun salutation to wake up, drink water, eat a Hershey's kiss
1:30 clock back in and work productively

today was Day 1 of my new lunch routine. it went rather well, except that i took some time falling asleep. i didn't turn off the light in my office, and i think the darkness will help induce sleep better. i also slept with my shoes on (what was i thinking?) but i won't do that again.

acknowledgements: thank you to siestaawareness.org and wikipedia for helping me understand that my body temp drops and i make more melatonin in the middle of the day, so it's perfectly natural that i want a nap after lunch. i'd also like to thank the people involved in giving me a one-hour lunch break.most of all, i'd like to thank God for giving us the gift of sleep.

urban dictionary word of the day: pop off

No comments:

Post a Comment